Skip to main content

Humira, Life at 80MG part 2

Well, my GI got all of my blood work and all of the stool samples back.

Things are not great. My CRP is elevated about four (4) times the normal limit, and my white blood cell count is elevated. My adalim levels, which measure how much Humira is in your blood stream, are STILL too low to be considered therapeutic, even at 80MG per week. The weird thing is I don't seem to be building an immunity to the drug, so that's good news. No C Diff or anything to deal with right now.

My GI is fantastic. He is an excellent doctor. He's a research physician, and he's willing to try things that other doctors can't, or won't. So he wants me to try 120MG of Humira per week, for the next eight (8) weeks to see if we can get my levels up to therapeutic. I'm taking my first increased dose today.

I finished the doxycylcine and I'm still on clavamox, but the HS flare continues. It's not AS bad as it was a few weeks ago, the drainage has decreased a bit, but my arm pits feel like the craters on the moon look. But with more blood. I'm bleeding constantly from various spots and it's REALLY irritating. We wash our sheets at least once a week, and we've added a laundry sanitizer that kills staph and other bacteria, but it's not bleach. I've been using it on my clothes, towels, and sheets just for safety. I'm still doing bleach baths twice a week, hibiclens in the shower, and bactine as needed. At least I no longer require pain medication in order to use my arms.



Reminder: I am on Humira for Crohn's Disease, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, psoriasis, and polymyalgia rheumatica.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunshine Vox Box

I got my Sunshine VoxBox a few weeks ago and it had a lot of great stuff in it! Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Spray Sinful Colors nail polish in Ocean Side Infusium 23 Leave in Treatment with Avocado and Olive Oil Dickinson's Witch Hazel Cleaning Cloths (and some coupons) A coupon for a free bag of Bark Thins, I got the Blueberry Quinoa variety Blue Diamond Sriracha Almonds Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe Spray: The Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe spray lotion spray smells great, it's light, quick, easy to apply, and absorbs quickly without leaving any greasy residue. The smell is kind of strong but it fades quickly. Unfortunately it's not heavy enough for my super dry skin, even with the summer humidity. This would be great for people who want light moisture without getting it on their hands or leaving a greasy feeling. Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Ocean Side: I love Sinful Colors nail polish. It comes in a huge variety of

Re-Introduction

I need to write. I need to write like I need to breathe. I love the feeling of pen on paper but I can't justify killing more trees for something I don't keep up with as much as I should. Because I need to write, I'm going to blog. I plan on updating this blog at least once a week but if I don't that's ok too. This is for me. This is my own record, I will keep it for posterity. My memory is horrible. Maybe this blog will help me in the future. Enough explaining. Time for real posts.

There was an incident...

Yesterday was shot day. Three pens, as expected, no big deal. Except one of my pens misfired. The needle didn't even touch the skin. I pressed down, counted to ten, pulled it away, and the Humira started spraying. I put my hand over the end to catch to fluid so that it didn't spray all over the carpet. According to the Humira rep with AbbVie this is a normal mechanical failure. I explained the incident, gave them some info from the package, and as soon as they confirm with my doctor a new pen will be on the way. I have extras in the fridge, so no lapse in dosing. Still, injecting is anxiety inducing enough without equipment failure. The other problem: I noticed two lumps in my right arm pit on Thursday morning. Around 9 AM it was the size of a ping pong ball. I sat in Sus' house all day while she cleaned, unable to help her because the building pain was just too much and movement would only make it worse. By dinner time it was roughly the size of a tennis ball, and more